Marketing, sales, service and customer management – digital and off-line
Improving customer acquisition, retention, loyalty, value, experience and satisfaction
Developing customer insight and turning it into action, via improved analysis and strategy and stronger communication, using story-telling, copy-writing, editing and presentation techniques
Producing and editing material to explain propositions, products and services to media, customers and internal stakeholders
Training, coaching and mentoring managers and students
Training in all areas of marketing, selling (from key accounts to new business) and customer service
Customer-focused leadership development
Using my university experience to help students with their assignments, dissertations or theses and to help them get places for masters or doctoral work
For a complete list of my publications and my academic citation record, click here.
To download selected academic articles, click here.
To see my profile and recommendations on LinkedIn, click here.
If you want to view my poetry and other creative writing, perhaps because you are interested in my work on story-telling, please click here.
I draw my strength as a trainer, consultant and expert from many sources, including:
- My big contact network of business people/academics, based on mutual advice and help
- My research, which gives me access to in-depth thinking and evidence of good practice
- My experience as a marketing, sales and service trainer, communicator, thinker and writer, covering thousands of days training and educating, presenting at hundreds of conferences and writing tens of books and hundreds of articles, giving me the ability to express ideas concisely and help managers and students understand them and relate them to their work
- My work as an academic, which keeps me up to date with management concepts. I am on the editorial advisory boards of several academic journals. I have held senior posts at various universities and am now a Visiting Professor at two universities.
- My work in economics (the subject of my first degree and doctorate), which provides the disciplinary basis for my analytical work
- My ability to move complex work ahead, identifying the main issues and ensuring that the whole team understands them. I absorb information quickly and turn work round rapidly.