Improving customer acquisition, retention, loyalty, value, experience, satisfaction & trust & associated data & systems management
Turning customer insight into action, through improved analysis, story-telling and presentation
Change Management in marketing, sales and service
Training, coaching, mentoring, research & analysis, business development, user/client/account management, product & process design, helping explain complex products & services to the media & to customers, supplier selection & management & dealing with regulatory issues
The focus of my work has shifted from off-line to on-line, with digital marketing and analytics now taking up most of my time. I have developed a range of training products to help companies build the skills they need to succeed in digital marketing.
I draw my strength as a consultant from many sources, including:
- My very wide contact network, founded on a basis of mutual advice & help
- My research programme, which gives me access to in-depth thinking & evidence of good practice
- My experience as a marketing thinker & writer, covering tens of books & hundreds of articles, giving me the ability to express ideas concisely
- My work as an academic, which keeps me up to date with management concepts. I am on the editorial advisory boards of several academic journals. I have held senior academic posts at various universities & am now a Visiting Professor at three universities.
- My work in economics (the subject of my first degree & doctorate), which provides the disciplinary basis for my analytical work
- My ability to move complex projects ahead, identifying the main issues & ensuring that they are understood by the whole team. I absorb information quickly & turn my work round rapidly
If you’ve arrived at this page by mistake, and wanted to look at my poetry and other creative writing, please go to http://creative.merlin-stone.com/